Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blogging Day for PAH Awareness

Today is national blogging day.Sounds funny but it is a way to get some awareness out there about Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.We need to tell our stories to as many people as possible.
I had an interview today with a reporter for The Dispatch ,a newspaper in the area that will be featuring a special on PAH next week.This is something I have been working on for the past month and the interview finally happened.Now I just need to wait and see how it turns out.I will get extra copies for my family and I will post the link for the website on here as soon as it is on line.
I am really excited because tomorrow we leave for Washington D.C. There are 6 of us going together and I am sure we will have a good time.I can't believe I will be at the congressional luncheon..YAY!!!! I hope and pray that we will be able to reach some of the senators while we are there.Who knows,maybe the bill will pass this year.Time will tell.
There are still a few other things my group is working on but they will be explained in detail when the time is right.
So far,we got a proclamation for one of the towns in our support group,we have a PH Awareness table set up at Baptist Hospital.It was set up yesterday and will be there until the 21st.I had my interview today for a newspaper and there is still more to come.

On a completely different note,I just found out about my phriend Mason.He has been in rejection and is in the hospital.I had no idea.He was unconscious and intubated the last I heard.He is a very strong young man.I pray that he will be all right.I pray that his family gets all the comfort and support they need through this difficult time.
Actually I pray for all us Ph'ers .That a cure may be found.That we get the comfort and the support we need everyday day of our lives.
I may not be able to post until I have returned from D.C.
Peace be with you .
(((((hugs)))))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane,
Have a safe trip to DC..Thanks to you all..I would love to see the article when they post it.

You take care and yes..I also pray for all us PHers...We are all in this fight for a cure together:))

Hugs,
Jen

Annette said...

Thank you for all that you are doing for all of us! Have a safe trip! You go girl!!
Annette
a phriend from Omaha

Merle said...

You go girl... you are doing so much for awareness -- I will miss being with you et al in DC but I know it will be another awesome adventure for you. Be sure to let us know how it went.
Keep us posted on what your are doing.
Merle
Smile -- it's contagious