Wednesday, November 26, 2008

PH Awareness in the Newspaper

Well this is the last of the awareness efforts that I have done..So far anyway.
This is an article that was written in the local newspaper.I sent this reporter a ton of information about PAH.We spoke a few times on the phone and then finally the day before I left for Washington D.C,we had and interview that lasted almost 2 hours.She asked a lot of questions,that I answered to the best of my ability,and she took about 8 pages of notes.
I think she did a fantastic job.The article is well written and you can tell she read what I sent her and she listened closely.I wanted to be able to involve a few people from my support group but it didn't work out that way. So here is the link:
http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20081125/ARTICLES/811250301/1009/living?Title=Woman_wants_to_raise_awareness_of_pulmonary_hypertension_
I don't know how to make tiny url's so please be patient as I learn.You can leave a comment at the paper if you wish or leave me one.I hope you enjoy.
If every PH'er was able to get even a small article done in their area .Awareness of this illness and all that we go through would boom.Just a thought.
I know I started this in time for PH Awareness month but the reality is that awareness is an every day thing we have to do.We need to teach others.We need let other patients out there that are not connected know they are not alone.We need to continue learning.We need help for ourselves with PH.We can do this I know we can !

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Great article, Diane. You have done an excellent job with making the public aware of pulmonary hypertension.

Tiny urls are easy to do. Just copy the url you want to shorten and then go to http://tinyurl.com/ and paste it in the provided box. After it has done its magic, copy the tiny url and paste it where you want it.

Merle said...

Again Diane, you have done a awesome job for awareness of what pulmonary hypertension is. Iz prowd of ya.

Merle
Smile -- it's contagious

Loretta said...

Hi Diane, I found your blog through the news article link. The writer did an excellent job and one of the better article I've read about patients with PH.

I have also PH and been in contact with local media to get a article out too. Hopefully that will pan out smoothly.

Great to see that there are many passionate people helping to create awareness for PH!